Wednesday, March 25, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge #30



This challenge from the House Mouse Challenge Blogspot was to make a shaped card....well, in all honesty, I don't think I have ever made a shaped card! After looking at some of my House Mouse stamps, this is the one that made an idea pop into my head. I was pretty happy with how the card turned out!

Black paper is from PaperTreyInk. The clear acetate is from Cornish Heritage Farms. Believe me, this is tough stuff. I had a hard time punching out the openings with my punch! The stamps, besides the House Mouse one, are from Stampin' Up. Hello and the stars are Stampin' Up RubOns. The "cord" was made by rubbing some Elmers School Glue on a piece of black cord and wrapping it around a pencil until it was dry. The phone receiver was stamped with Stampibilities White Emboss Ink and then embossed with Stampin' Up clear. I cut the Mouse off the phone's receiver and then stamped it again in brown. I colored the mouse with copics and cut him our and stuck him back on the receiver.

Thanks for checking in!

6 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

What a neat idea! Love how you came up with the idea to make the phone cord! Great job with the challenge!

Carmen O. said...

WOW how clever and creative!! You really rocked this challenge. Fabulous work!

Teresa said...

you put a lot of work into this card and it was worth it, very cute.

Nancy said...

OH MY GOSH...how inventive you are! This is so darn cute! I was smiling at this even before your picture quit loading.

Curt in Indy said...

This is exceptionally clever! Adorable card! Great job on the challenge! Best, Curt

Sharon said...

Great shaped card for the challenge and the HM image is just right.